Palliative Care and Spirituality for Life (PCSLife) - September 16-18, 2018 - Houston Methodist Research Institute - Houston, TX, USA
The Pontifical Academy for Life (Vatican City), the Houston Methodist Research Institute, in collaboration with MD Anderson Cancer Center, announce PCSLife.
PCSLife is a joint project of the Catholic Church Pontifical Academy for Life and the 19th annual Marialuisa Lectureship for Life, founded by the Houston Methodist and The James Comprehensive Cancer Institute at Ohio State University. Together they share a commitment to promote compassionate palliative care throughout the world.
For the Pontifical Academy for Life, the commitment on the subject of Palliative Care derives from a specific mandate given by Pope Francis: «The complexity and delicacy of the subjects present in palliative care require continuous reflection and the spread of the practice to facilitate access: a task in which believers can find like-minded companions in many people of good will» (Message to the Pontifical Academy for Life, February 28th 2018).
The Palliative Care and Spirituality for Life (PCSLife) conference brings together palliative care and spiritual leaders to explore how to integrate spirituality into palliative clinical practice, develop ecumenical approaches to palliative care that support the spiritual life of patients and caregivers, and advocate for best practices in palliative care around the world.
Palliative Care and Spirituality for Life - September 16-18, 2018 - Houston Methodist Research Institute - 6670 Bertner Avenue, Houston, TX, USA
September 16th: Private gathering of speakers and executive committee
September 17th: Public PCSLife Symposium & Marialuisa Lectureship for Life
September 18th: Private gathering of speakers, executive committee, and Pontifical Academy for Life members
Agenda and speakers to be announced soon.
For current information, visit the website: PCSLife.org
- Italian Archbishop Vincenzo Paglia is the President of the Pontifical Academy for Life (Vatican City): www.academyforlife.va
- Prof. Mauro Ferrari, President and CEO Houston Methodist Research Institute, Director, Institute for Academic Medicine at Houston Methodist Hospital www.houstonmethodist.org
- Prof. Eduardo Bruera, Department of Palliative, Rehabilitation, & Integrative Medicine. UT MD Anderson Cancer Center www.mdanderson.org
- Houston Methodist: Gale Smith, email@example.com
- Pontifical Academy for Life: Fabrizio Mastrofini firstname.lastname@example.org
Houston, Texas and Vatican City, April 23th